Are you a dark chocolate fan like me? I mean, do you crave chocolate? I adore anything chocolate. Bring on the chocolate layer cake, chocolate ice cream and chocolate mousse. Can you see a pattern here? I was sick of the Thanksgiving fare of pies and more pies so I decided to bake one of my favorite cookie recipes.
This is not a recipe for the vanilla loving person, this is for the chocoholic. This cookie is sinful, dark and gooey. My mouth is watering just saying those words, so I’m going to get myself a glass of milk and chow down.
Oh, and this cookie is family, kid and friend approved. I made these for Zoe’s class party one year, and they were the hit of the party. I get requests all the time to make these along with my chocolate chip cookies. You can’t go wrong with either of these cookies.
Black Forest Cookies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped - I used Ghirardelli semisweet 60% cacao bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips or chunks - I used Ghirardelli bittersweet 60% cacao chips
Placed chopped chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
Stir chocolate and butter until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat and pour chocolate into the bowl containing the sugars.