Robert’s absolute best brownies:
Recipe from David Lebovitz’s Ready for Dessert
Printer friendly recipe at bottom of post
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped – I used Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet cacao
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large (or extra large eggs), at room temperature – FYI, I always use extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose-flour
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips – I used my favorite 60% bittersweet chocolate chips from Ghirardelli
- You can also add in chopped walnuts or any nut of your choice – we tend not to add nuts to our sweets as my kiddos are not fans
Let the brownies cool completely in the pan (about an hour or so) before lifting the foil or parchment paper and the block of brownies out of the pan. Peel the parchment paper and cut the brownies into squares and store them in a sealed container.See how rich and gooey they are? Serve these up with a tall glass of milk and make sure you have a napkin handy.These brownies are finger and plate licking good!
I’ve made these brownies better by adding carmel and sea salt. You have to try these salted caramel brownies.