spinach, blueberry & pomegranate smoothie

Its ski week here in California and instead of skiing we are hanging by the pool enjoying this blissful 80 degree weather.
Whoo hooo!!!
This is a short but sweet post as I am taking a break from cooking and the computer this week to spend some quality time outdoors with the kids.  I am showcasing a smoothie rather than warm comfort foods as it feels like summer over here and honestly because I have been feeding my kids to much of this.
We made an afternoon pit stop at Ghirardelli the other day.

I figured a healthier mid-afternoon snack was in the works for the kids.  I saw this smoothie recipe the other day at Yummy Mummy and knew it would be something sweet to take care of my kid’s sweet tooth but also healthy at the same time.

It got the kid approval so here you go…
    Spinach & Blueberry smoothie:
    Recipe from Yummy Mummy
    • 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries- if using fresh then you will want to add some ice
    • 1/2 cup pomegranate juice – I used 3/4 cup as I used 2 cups of spinach in the smoothie rather than 1 cup
    • 1 cup spinach - I used 2 cups of spinach here
    • 1 banana
    Here’s to a taste of summer wherever you are!
    Don’t blink!
    I had to close with this photo.
    If you’re a fan of Doctor Who you will get this.
    Are there any Doctor Who fans out there?

• Pam February 24, 2012, 8:45 pm

80 degrees? Lucky lady. It’s cold & wet here. The smoothie looks tasty.

• Kimber February 28, 2012, 4:41 pm

I am obsessed with juicing lately so I love the idea of your spinach smoothie! I definitely need to give this a try – it looks delicious! So glad I stumbled upon your blog – it’s wonderful!

• Hilary Greenleaf March 6, 2012, 12:21 am

This looks tasty! I see you make a lot of smoothies :).

• Erin Kerschner December 31, 2013, 2:03 am

This looks great! I’m wondering if you know what I could substitute for the banana? (I’m allergic to fresh bananas and most smoothie recipes call for them)

• jackiegrandy December 31, 2013, 6:13 am

Hmmm.. good question. What about using a Greek Yogurt,frozen mangos, pears or avocado?

• Anonymous January 1, 2014, 3:51 pm

Thanks! I’ll give those a try this week! :)

• Naomi June 24, 2014, 7:08 pm

Hello Marin,

This is the first time i came across your blog and i like the different smoothie recipes you have. I was wondering if you can recommend a good smoothie for me to start my day. I have just entered my 4th month of pregnancy and still feeling tired throughout the day. I also wake up first thing in the morning and I feel sometimes shaky as if i have low blood pressure or my sugar is low.
      Any recommendation that would be great.

Naomi.