I hope you enjoyed the video portion of this recipe (geez, I sound like a stewardess on an airline). For those of you that want the classic recipe post, I have added that as well below.
Ina’s summer garden pasta:
Recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa at Home
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (4 large or 6 medium cloves)
- 10-12 large basil leaves, julienned, plus extra for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound angel hair pasta or capellini
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Serve up the pasta in large bowls and top with some Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
I chose not to speak in the video because honestly, I’m not ready to do that yet. Every time I hear myself on video I cringe. I say the words “you know” and “like” too much, so I have to work up the confidence to do a talking cooking video!