This salsa is a preview to another recipe that I am showcasing on Monday, cilantro lime chicken tacos. This salsa and those tacos are rated a 10+ in my house and they pair so perfectly together. This salsa is a great stand along recipe, so I wanted to showcase it as a separate recipe, rather than combine it with another where it might get lost.
This salsa is super easy to throw together and all of the ingredients are in season right now and as fresh as can be. I love this salsa because it’s not your standard red or green salsa. It’s a unique combination of flavors and textures. We love serving this salsa alongside some tortilla chips. Bring this to your next summer potluck and I guarantee it will be gone, you might even want to make a double batch.mango avocado salsa:
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced medium
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced medium
- 1 small red onion or 1/2 of large red onion, diced small – I can’t seem to find small red onions around my neck of the woods so I always use 1/2 of a larger onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
That’s all there is to it!
My blogger buddy Sharon from Likikoi Joy, made up this salsa for a party. I just loved her Instagram photo, so I asked her to send it to me! I think it’s helpful to see other people’s photos of dishes besides mine! Don’t you just love the bowl she used?